Our mission is to further enhance our professional development and Naturopathic Practices in Pennsylvania.
Our members all have doctorate degrees in Naturopathy, and are currently practicing Naturopaths in Pennsylvania. As well as, many of our members have additional areas of studies such as homeopathy, functional medicine, and advanced coursework in nutrition.
· First do no harm. Primum no nocere;
· Practice the healing power of nature.
Vis medicatrix natuae
· Identify and treat the cause. Tolle causam
· Treat the whole person. The multi factorial nature of health and disease;
· Practice prevention. Prevention is the best "cure";
· Not discriminate against clients or professionals based on race, religion, age, sex, handicaps, national ancestry, sexual orientation or economic conditions;
· Will become aware of and abide by any, and all state and local regulations as laws vary from one state to another; Follow Pennsylvania Laws
· I do not diagnose illness, prescribe drugs or perform surgery;
· Promise not to exceed my scope of practice, either in abilities or by law;
· Promise to fulfill the necessary education on a continuing basis in order to advance my knowledge and skills as a natural health care provider;
· Strive to be objective in the treatments of clients and performance of duties, recognizing the rights of all persons, and my limitations;
· Distinguish clearly, between my statements and actions as an individual and as a representative of Natural Healthcare;
· Encourage policy, procedures and personal practices which will enable others to conduct themselves in accordance with the values, goals and objectives of the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board;
· Provide full disclosure regarding the scope of my practice and my training and experience to clients;
· Keep all information about my clients in strictest confidence, and shall only divulge such information when required by law or when authorized by the client;
· Perform in a professional manner with proper respect for each client's dignity; I will not engage in inappropriate relationships or behavior with clients;
· Display current ANMCB Certificates, or Doctoral
Degrees and Certifications, and this Code of Ethics in a prominent position in the premises within easy viewing of the client;
· Constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself to my chosen profession.